Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ode to Sleep

Dear Sleep,

     I have to ask you, why do you change your mind so often? When I don't want you to come to me late at night, you always do like you are teasing me. When you come, my eyelids feel like they are trying to carry thousands kilograms of metal. You make my body all of a sudden so tired and every part of my body aches like I have been running a marathon. Then, naturally, I trust you to wake me up before I go to school on the next day, but we have so much fun in my dreamland that we don't even know time passes so fast! This has been a question that I wanted to ask since when I was young, but why do you come to me when I don't want you, and do no come to me when I want to?
I understand you are very busy dealing with Earth, and I please forgive me if I have made you feel like what you are not, but I know deep down inside you , you are nice as a baby. See you tonight!!
Sincerely,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I couldn't agree more. On weekends I really want to sleep until 10. BUT I wake up at 6 and can't sleep any more. On Monday I want to wake up fresh at 6, BUT my mind and body beg me to sleep until 10. Why????

    Lovely descriptions. My eyelids carrying tons of metal! Wow.

    ReplyDelete